Main Street Shootouts
Come along with the Deadwood Alive Gunslingers as they track down some trouble.
Experience the melee of free, historically accurate reenactments of Deadwood’s unusual gunfights and affrays with Deadwood Alive. You can find our daily activities schedule by clicking here.
Three times a day, six days a week, (no killin' on Sundays) gunshots ring out on Deadwood's Historic Main Street during the summer. Don't fret none though, it's just the Deadwood Alive gunslingers comin' out to play. Each street performance is realistic; fun for the whole family and FREE!
May 20 - September 23, 2023
- 12:00PM – “Lawman's Patrol” – Walking Tour $15/person. Call 1-800-344-8826 to book this tour.
Must book 24 Hours in advance
- 1:45PM "Pre-spectacle Tomfoolery" - Outlaw Square / Franklin Hotel
- 2:00PM SHOOTOUT – “The Strange Tale of David Lunt” - Outlaw Square / Franklin Hotel
- 2:30PM “A Rootin' Tootin' Card Game for Kids” – Outlaw Square / Franklin Hotel
- 2:30PM “Gold, Guns and Grubstake” – (the evolution of pre-1899 firearms) - Gold Street Courtyard
- 3:30PM "Dr. Stan Dupp’s Travelin' Medicine Show" - Gold Street Courtyard
- 4:00PM SHOOTOUT – “Showdown on Gold Street” – Big Dipper / Berg Jewelry
- 4:30PM “Hangin' with the Shootists” – Meet the gunslingers, ask questions and get their autographs - Gold
- 5:00PM “Black Hills Wildlife - Then and Now” - Experience hands-on teeth, claws, fur and footprints of Black Hills creatures - Gold Street Courtyard
- 5:45PM "More Tomfoolery" – Wild Bill Bar / Celebrity Hotel
- 6:00PM SHOOTOUT – “The Boone May/Prescott Web Altercation” - Wild Bill Bar / Celebrity Hotel
- 6:20PM “Deadwood Nuggets” - Tales and tunes with "Connie Gunn and the Black Powder Pistols" - Gold Street Courtyard
- 7:35PM Capture of Jack McCall – in front of the Saloon No. 10
- 7:50PM “Even More Tomfoolery” – Wild Bill Theatre
- 8:00PM TRIAL OF JACK McCALL – Wild Bill Theatre
In addition to the Main Street shootouts, the shooting of James Butler “Wild Bill” Hickok is held daily inside Saloon No.10 at 1:00PM, 3:00PM, 5:00PM and 7:00PM
CLICK HERE for more information about our schedule.
"Morning Minstrel Show" • Tuesday - Saturday
9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Deadwood Alive's band of merrymakers present the "Morning Minstrel Show" - Outlaw Square Gazebo